Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Balls In!


...sometimes when the harsh reality of a life gone sour grabs you by the balls and refuses to let go...you find it necessary to grab back. And yet sometimes it's for the best to simply counter it with a laugh.
Straight out of the techno-genious/maddening/yet somewhat fearful mind belonging to my brother, this cropped work of art was found in my email the other day...and I haven't stopped laughing since.
Having read my latest story excerpt, which involved a spirited game of DodgeBall between a group of grade school thugs during recess, my brother took it upon himself to personally design this poster in honor of my work.
For anyone curious, the deviant-looking gentleman posing next to me in the shot would be my father. And if that grin leaves you thinking that he may be one of those aging pervert types who would probably get a kick out of flipping up the skirt belonging to a young lady while coursing her way through a crowd of fans at a baseball game...you'd be correct.
All kidding aside, while families sometimes experience sharp curves of humility from one generation to the next, often resulting in feelings left raw, or grudges held far too long, sometimes the antidote needed is nothing more than some goofy ploy...and a healthy dose of laughter.
That's good stuff, Tim. I laughed till I cried. And whether our father ever sees it or not...I'm sure it would generate a giggle or two from him as well.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Tim's definitely good with photoshop. Great pic, lol

Kristy said...

I'm jealous of his photoshop skillz. I think that's a top of the mantle pic...

scotro said...

you were right, that pic is definitely worthy of posting. that is so freakin hilarious lol

Shanna said...

That is way funny! Ha ha.

aisyahputrisetiawan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.