...dear friend and fellow writer, Nicki Elson, recently tagged me with the honorable Liebster Blog Award, (German for sweetheart, beloved person. Nicki, the world needs more like you ;)
The rules are simple, offer 11 fun facts about yourself, answer 11 questions provided by Nicki, pass the award on to 11 blogger pals, answering 11 new questions from yours truly.
1) I'm a father of three, married for 19 years...but after surviving the first ten, who's counting ;)
2) My wife and I are licensed foster parents, currently with a little boy who was delivered to us when he was four days old. (He's now 8 months, and doing quite well.)
3) Once, while eating dinner at Outback Steakhouse with my wife, I recognized an award-winning author sitting at the table next to us, sharing a meal with a loved one, (whom I'm quite sure was not his wife.) Nope, never said a word to him.
4) Having suffered through the discomfort of either breaking or jamming nearly every finger on both hands from my playing days in high school, writing for long periods of time can get interesting when arthritis sets in.
5) A friend of mine once paid me a handsome sum to write a letter of admittance for him, that he attached to a college application...and was accepted.
6) That friend is now the manager of a successful sports bar in Cincinnati. He owes me a drink.
7) While my family resides in the Buckeye state, I'm formerly from Sarasota, Florida.
8) I'm an avid bookworm, having devoured such monsters as The Stand, It, and Terry Brook's entire Shannara series by the time I'd hit my teenage years.
9) My twelve year old son won a bet by sinking a half-court jump shot, and causing his sixteen year old brother and three of his friends to walk through town in nothing but their skivvies. Great shot, kid!
10) I positively love movies by Quentin Tarantino, and novels that are too heavy to carry with one hand.
11) I once saw a ghost, a pair of them actually, just as clearly as watching one's next door neighbor pushing a lawn mower through tall grass, and have sworn to write a story about it...some day.
Questions from Nicki...
1) Les Mis, or Sweeney Todd?
2) If you were a comic book super-hero, what would your name be?
3) What are the toppings on your dream hamburger?
-mushrooms, onions, pepper jack cheese, and mayo
4) What city (that you've never visited), do you most want to visit?
5) Favorite city that you have visited?
6) Which Disney character is most like you?
7) Why? (from Q6)
-He's a wise old coot with all the right answers ;)
8) Would you rather write a book that's a best seller, or one that's highly acclaimed?
9) What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to grammatical mistakes in a published book?
-Making the same mistake more than once. (Once is forgivable, twice...nope)
10) If you could live permanently in any decade, which would it be?
11) Who's your favorite fictional romantic couple?
-Mulder & Scully
...and now, my 11 Blogger pals, tag, you're it!
3) T. Decker
5) Donna Hole
6) Beth Revis
8) Jemi Fraser
10) Morgan Shamy
11) Donna Hosie
and your questions are...
1) What is your favorite genre to read?
2) Pizza or pasta?
3) If you were to be stranded on an island and could choose one book to take with you, which would you choose?
4) If you could choose to have dinner with one writer, in order to pick his/her brain, who would you choose?
5) Who is your choice of musician for inspiration while writing?
6) The Walking Dead, or Breaking Bad?
7) If you could choose an actor to play the part of lead role in your book, who would it be?
8) Do you prefer writing in the a.m or p.m?
9) What is your best antidote for writer's block?
10) When going on vacation...drive or fly?
11) Name the city that tops your bucket list to visit.